Vaporstream is seeking a Senior Android developer for our growing development team to build and maintain the Android application. The Senior Engineer role includes leading/mentoring junior engineers and responsibility for architecture and design decisions on the platform.
In this role you will:
- Lead the Android team and mentor junior Engineers
- Assume primary responsibilities for implementing new functionality andmaintaining existing code base.
- Lead architecture and design decisions on the platform
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Strong command of OOP design and useful patterns
- Deep understanding of Android threading problems and solutions
- Deep understanding of mobile networking and associated libraries on Android
- Experience writing Unit Tests with JUnit4
- Significant experience with data persistence on Android with Sqlite
- Familiarity with testable architectures (MVP, MVVM, etc)
- Familiarity with at least a handful of the most popular Square libraries (especially Dagger)
- Excellent written (including code documentation) and oral communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong command of Git, including branching, merging and tagging
- Experience with Agile Workflow
- Strong Team Player who’s also able to work independently
- Maintain a sense of pride in a job well done; self-directed to improve skills and knowledge.
- BS or greater in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience with Java or other OOP language
- 3 years of experience with the Android SDK
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter by emailing: by emailing Careers@vaporstream.com.