We are hiring an Android developer for our growing development team to help build and maintain our messaging app. Although we support back to API 15, we use support libraries to deliver a state of the art Material look and feel. We also take advantage of the newest open sourced tools like Dagger, Retrofit, and Facebook’s Conceal.
- Build new app features from initial design to Play Store beta and prod releases.
- Implement app enhancement and bug fixes.
- Continually ensure app compatibility with the latest Android OS release; improve code to take advantage of new language and framework features.
- Strong Java and Android development experience
- Strong understanding of Android components and how/when to use them
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong command of Git, including branching, merging and tagging
- Familiarity with the latest in Android patterns for networking and concurrency
- Experience debugging in Android Studio
- Familiarity with JSON
- The good sense to consider security implications of one’s design decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – you will be expected to communicate with actual people.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Current authorization to work in the US
- 1 or more apps in the Play Store
- Experience with RxJava
- Experience with the new design support library
- Automating testing with Espresso, JUnit4, etc
- Designing APIs
- Be an avid listener of the Fragmented podcast
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter by emailing: by emailing Careers@vaporstream.com.